Links Technology Solutions, Inc. is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PowerShark EQR Release 1.3.1. This software release is freely available to existing customers at no additional cost.
This is a FERC compliance release to align PowerShark EQR with updated Balancing Authorities posted by FERC at http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/eqr/balancing.xls on April 1, 2015. Starting with Q2 2015 EQRs, the following Balancing Authorities are no longer valid:
- AEWC: AESC, LLC – Wheatland CIN
- BBA: Batesville Balancing Authority
- BCTC: British Columbia Transmission Corporation
- BRAZ: CECD, LLC
- BUBA: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – City of Benton, Arkansas
- CFEN: Comision Federal de Electricidad
- CNWY: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – Conway, Arkansas
- CSTO: CECD, LLC
- CSWS: Central and Southwest
- DENL: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – North Little Rock, AK
- DERS: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – City of Ruston, LA
- EDE: Empire District Electric Co., The
- EKPC: East Kentucky Power Cooperative, Inc.
- FE: American Transmission Systems, Inc.
- GA: GridAmerica
- GRDA: Grand River Dam Authority
- IPRV: Illinois Power Co.
- LES: Lincoln Electric System
- MOWR: Westar Energy – MoPEP Cities
- NPPD: Nebraska Public Power District
- OKGE: Oklahoma Gas and Electric
- OMLP: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – Osceola Municipal Light an
- PLUM: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – Plum Point
- PUPP: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – Arkansas
- RC: Reedy Creek Improvement District
- SMUD: Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- SPPC: Sierra Pacific Power Co. – Transmission
- SPS: Southwestern Public Service Company
- TLKN: TRANSLink Management Company
- WMUC: Constellation Energy Control and Dispatch – West Memphis, Arkansas
- WPEC: Aquila Networks – West Plains Dispatch
- WPEK: Aquila Networks – Kansas
- WR: Western Resources dba Westar Energy
- If you are already running Release 1.3, you need only run the PowerShark EQR Database Installer to upgrade your current PowerShark EQR database.
- If you are running Release 1.2 or prior, log into the PowerShark EQR website and consult the upgrade guides.
- If you are already running Release 1.3, you don’t need to do anything. Links Technology will take care of upgrading your PowerShark EQR database well in advance of the Q2 2015 EQR filing deadline.
- If you are running Release 1.2 or prior, a PowerShark EQR Support team member will reach out to you to initiate the upgrade process.
If you have any questions or need assistance upgrading, contact Links Technology’s helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly PowerShark EQR Support team.
Since its initial release in August 2013, PowerShark EQR has quickly been adopted by many utilities who were looking for a simple yet powerful and affordable FERC EQR solution. Today, many companies across the country are running PowerShark EQR as an Enterprise solution or as a Hosted solution in our SSAE 16 SOC II certified data center.
New PowerShark EQR Release Available
Links Technology Solutions, Inc. is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PowerShark EQR Release 1.3. This software release is freely available to existing customers at no additional cost. Upgrade today to gain all of these benefits.
- PowerShark EQR Viewer
- Save Multiple Copies of EQRs
- Export in FERC CSV Format
- Transaction Metrics
- Enter Contact Details More Easily
- Import and Validation Report Clean-Up
Improvements and Enhancements
- Enhanced FERC Compliance
- New and Improved Validations
- Smarter Import with Better Feedback
- More Flexible and Faster Export
- Additional Bulk Update Tools
- Streamlined Client Installation
- And More…
If you haven’t seen PowerShark EQR in action or it’s been a while since you last saw a demo, then maybe it’s time you took another look at our product and see what many are saying is the most complete and affordable EQR solution available! Please contact Bob VanValkenburg at email@example.com or call 847-252-7286 to schedule a demo or free trial of PowerShark EQR today!
On Friday, February 6, 2015, FERC issued an order on rehearing stating that the Commission will not collect e-Tag data within Electric Quarterly Reports (EQRs). The key excerpt from the order appears below. The full order is available for download at http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=13766528.
After further assessment and consideration of the arguments raised in the rehearing requests, we are persuaded that the initial and ongoing compliance burdens and costs may be significantly higher than the Commission’s estimates included in Order No. 768. Although the requirement to file e-Tag information in the EQR could improve the usefulness of EQR data, the Commission grants rehearing due to the likely substantial costs of complying with such a requirement at this time. Therefore, the Commission will not require that EQR filers submit e-Tag IDs for each transaction reported in the EQR if an e-Tag was used to schedule the transaction.
Links Technology has been recognized in the Chicago Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication annual publications competition for outstanding work on the PowerShark EQR User Guide and Training Videos. Products that receive the STC awards show exceptional performance according to a list of standards that STC has established over decades as benchmarks in the technical communication field. STC is the world’s largest and oldest professional association dedicated to the advancement of the field of technical communication.
“We have been excited to provide our customers with these materials to help simplify the EQR filing process and these awards serve to confirm that we have met our goal,” says Gary Kravis, Links’ Director of Software Solutions, who collaborated with instructional designer Mary Whalen to create the user guide and training videos.
The PowerShark EQR User Guide received an award of “Excellence,” which STC describes as “Entry consistently meets high standards in all or most areas,” and the PowerShark EQR Training Videos received an award of “Distinguished,” which STC describes as “Entry meets or exceeds high standards in all areas.”
Other Links Technology clients will be able to enjoy the same level of training experience, as Links will soon release training videos for its TariffShark product line. “There are videos for all levels of users to expand their use of TariffShark and perform more efficiently,” says Gary Kravis.
During the evening of April 17, 2014, FERC updated its online EQR system to version 2.8. FERC has made the release notes available here. The change that would most directly impact PowerShark EQR is the addition of the following Balancing Authorities:
- BANC Balancing Authority of Northern California
- BRAZ CECD, LLC
- CSTO CECD, LLC
- EAI Entergy Arkansas, Inc.
- NSSO Nova Scotia Power System Operator
- SPRM City Utilities of Springfield
- WWA CECD, LLC
It turns out that FERC had erroneously removed these balancing authorities from the EQR XML schema in March 2014 and this release restores them to the schema. Back in March, Links Technology recognized that their removal had been accidental and included them in PowerShark EQR. Therefore, no changes are necessary in PowerShark EQR. As of this writing, PowerShark EQR release 1.2 is fully compliant.
Since its initial release in August 2013, PowerShark EQR has quickly been adopted by many utilities who were looking for a simple yet powerful and affordable solution. Today, many companies across the country are running PowerShark EQR as their chosen EQR solution either as an Enterprise solution or as a Hosted solution in our SSAE 16 SOC II certified data center. It is important to note that PowerShark EQR has also been successfully testing XML submissions into the FERC Sandbox, so you can experience the full life-cycle of the EQR filing process.
New PowerShark EQR Release Available
Links Technology Solutions, Inc. is excited to announce the immediate availability of PowerShark EQR Release 1.2. This release is ready for Q3 2013 EQR data to be filed by April 30, 2014. Upgrade today to gain all of these benefits from the latest release:
- Redesigned Contract Details view features improved navigation between Contracts and associated Products and Transactions
- Automated client upgrade from PowerShark EQR 1.0 or 1.1 on first run
- Data filters in validation and import reports are remembered for every report
- Improved saving and restoring of application window state
Overall Application and Database Changes
- Latest FERC XML changes support
- Latest FERC lookup values
- Validation rules fixes and additions
- Default import map files support multiple date and date/time formats
- Database performance improvements
- EQR and Transaction validations run 4-5 times faster
- Various application bug fixes, stability and performance improvements
- Improved multi-user experience
If you haven’t seen PowerShark EQR in action or it’s been a while since you last saw a demo, then maybe it’s time you took another look at our product and see what many are saying is the most complete and affordable EQR solution available! Please contact Bob VanValkenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 252-7286 to schedule a demo or free trial of PowerShark EQR today!
On Friday, February 28, 2014, FERC issued an order EXTENDING AND SETTING DEADLINES TO FILE ELECTRIC QUARTERLY REPORTS (146 FERC ¶ 61,144) under docket numbers RM01-8, RM10-12, and RM12-3. The order may be viewed at http://elibrary.FERC.gov/idmws/file_list.asp?accession_num=20140228-3057 and is summarized as follows:
- Q3 2013 EQRs are to be filed during the period of April 1 to April 30, 2014.
- Q4 2013 EQRs are to be filed during the period of May 1 to May 31, 2014.
- Q1 2014 EQR are to be filed during the period of June 1 to June 30, 2014.
- Q2 2014 EQR are to be filed during the period of July 1 to July 30, 2014, which is the normal filing period for Q2 EQRs.
PowerShark EQR Update
PowerShark EQR release 1.0 shipped in August 2013. Release 1.1 shipped in September 2013 in anticipation of FERC’s October 2013 deadline. Since that time, PowerShark EQR has only been getting better.
- Release 1.2, which includes many improvements, will ship in March … in time for April 2014 EQR filing activities.
- Training is available via 30 short-form videos that demonstrate all features of the software. All videos are less than 10 minutes in length and many come in under 5 minutes. The PowerShark EQR user interface is friendly and easy to navigate, even if you have never seen it before … and with the training videos, you will be productive quickly.
- A complete User Guide is provided and will be updated for Release 1.2.